The origin of the company is a long story, dating back to the foundation of the "Heliogen" company in Königsee/Thuringia as a wholesaler for low-voltage small parts in May 1919.
- 1919 Founded as "Hermann Pawlik - Elektrotechnische Fabrik Heliogen"
- 1946 Soviet limited company (SAG)
- 1950 VEB Fernmeldewerk Bad Blankenburg
- 1953 Start of production of VHF radio antennas
- 1955 Start of production of television antennas
- 1958 Production of first antenna amplifiers
- 1961 VEB Antennenwerke Bad Blankenburg /Thür.
- 1962 Start of manufacture of VHF tuners and pushbutton switches
- 1970 Incorporation in state combine Stern-Radio Berlin
- 1979 Start of production of a modular amplifier system for TV and radio processing
- 1988 Erection of a new production building and production of licensed Blaupunkt company car radios
- 1993 Privatisation of car antenna division
- 2002 Takeover by foreign investor - Andrew
- 2003 June, management buyout
- 2012 Change of name to GmbH for further strategic growth financing
- 2017 New company building at Weimar / Legefeld location
- 2019 Takeover of ATBB by the new strategic partner Huizhou Desay SV Automotive Co., Ltd.
Through the new partnership and business opportunities with the well-established Chinese automotive electronics manufacturer, we are able to gather even more valuable know-how which extend our chances in the market. This merger has an extraordinarily positive effect, because with the “Seamless Integration of Man, Machine and Lifestyle” the corporate values of Huizhou Desay are in accord with our own: “Antennas. People. Future.” We also share a lot of customers among German and international automotive manufacturers. A giant leap towards the future for us!