Antennentechnik ABB Bad Blankenburg GmbH is a technology company in communications technology going for strong and rapid technological growth in attractive markets and therefore developing solutions and products along the megatrends of the telecommunication industry and networked Industry 4.0.
Having a broad development competence in high frequency engineering, mechanical engineering and embedded systems, the company is consistently moving towards the smart antenna architecture with increasing electronics and software parts.
For a broad customer range and upcoming mega trends, ABB is developing highly integrated and multi functional antenna systems for differenz mounting locations according to automotive standards as well as mobile communication antennas for the smart connected industry 4.0. ABB is also a well-known player for ciritical communication services (TETRA) in Europe.
Development, production and sale of our own products are certified according to Automotive Standards (ISO9001, IATF 16949 and ISO14001). We have sales locations in England and Sweden as well as a further production and sales location in Turkey.
We drive Connectivity – that is the company’s first priority, as networked communication is growing exponentially worldwide. Today’s market needs focus on highly integrated multi functional antenna systems for LTE MIMO, Vehicle-2-X and the upcoming megatrend 5G mobile communication systems in all areas of modern communications.
The connected vehicles are increasing significantly in volume. There is a big demand in the aftermarket and in the e-vehicle sector.
A major driver for connectivity is autonomous driving and platooning in the commercial vehicle business.
We are happy to announce the availability of our latest product development which opens a new business unit for our company: WiCAR – our robust and automotive certified LTE router. Not only the very flexible hardware design but also the linux based operating system is made within our company. Please ask for customer specific applications and implementations, WiCAR can be adjusted to 100% of our customers’ needs.
Team Leader Sales GERMANY - AUSTRIA - SWITZERLAND
M. A. Tobias Schneider
P +49 (0) 3643 / 4771 232
P +49 (0) 3643 / 4771 223
Account Manager OEM Automotive
P +49 (0) 3643 / 4771 264
Team Leader Sales Europe
P +46 (0) 733 887 797
Technical Sales WiCAR
P +49 (0) 3643 / 4771 675
OEM Agent UK
P +44 (0) 192 385 32 11
ANTENNENTECHNIK ABB Bad Blankenburg GmbH
In der Buttergrube 3-7
Phone 03643 / 4771 100
Fax 03643 / 4771 190
ANTENNENSYSTEME Scandinavia AB
172 32 Sundbyberg, Stockholm
Phone +46 733 887 797
Fax +49 3643 4771 190
Phone +44 798 335 39 27
Antennensysteme Elektronik San. A.S.
Dudullu OSB 3. Cadde AND Sanayi Sitesi 16/13 Ümraniye
Phone +90 216 466 2600
The origin of the company is a long story, dating back to the foundation of the "Heliogen" company in Königsee/Thuringia as a wholesaler for low-voltage small parts in May 1919.
- 1919 Founded as "Hermann Pawlik - Elektrotechnische Fabrik Heliogen"
- 1946 Soviet limited company (SAG)
- 1950 VEB Fernmeldewerk Bad Blankenburg
- 1953 Start of production of VHF radio antennas
- 1955 Start of production of television antennas
- 1958 Production of first antenna amplifiers
- 1961 VEB Antennenwerke Bad Blankenburg /Thür.
- 1962 Start of manufacture of VHF tuners and pushbutton switches
- 1970 Incorporation in state combine Stern-Radio Berlin
- 1979 Start of production of a modular amplifier system for TV and radio processing
- 1988 Erection of a new production building and production of licensed Blaupunkt company car radios
- 1993 Privatisation of car antenna division
- 2002 Takeover by foreign investor - Andrew
- 2003 June, management buyout
- 2012 Change of name to GmbH for further strategic growth financing
- 2017 New company building at Weimar / Legefeld location